Fall Session 2019 :
Madagascar DLC (Development Learning Center), affiliate of the GDLN network (Global Development Learning Network), is delighted to announce that the Global Classroom « Integrated Approaches to Sustainable Development Practice » will be offered beginning in 2019.
The 14-week course will include an upgraded system for on-line learning, revised curriculum and lectures, and new opportunities for global group discussions. This course will forge global connections between students, faculty and practitioners around the world.
Course Overview :
This course aims to provide students with a general introduction to the basic core competencies and practical skills required of a generalist development practitioner. The course will be offered at a number of universities around the world, and each week students will have the opportunity to learn from an expert practitioner and engage in discussion with each over. Course topics will be grounded in a practical, multi-disciplinary approach that will focus on the inter-relationship of each of the following core fields of study :
- Public Health & Nutrition
- Environmental Science (including Agriculture, Water, Climate Change, and Biodiversity & Ecosystem Functioning)
- Social Sciences (including Economics, Anthropology, and Education
- Policy & Management
- Energy, Technology & Engineering
- Bacc + 4 and more
- Earth Institute Columbia University – School of International and Public Affairs
- The GDLN network (Global Development Learning Network)
- ENAM ( Ecole Nationale D`Administration de Madagascar)